Burglary incident in Sutton-cum-Lound, please ensure your home is secure.
This is a message sent via Neighbourhood Alert. This information has been sent on behalf of Nottinghamshire Police
Message sent by
Aaron Stocks (Police, PCSO 4778, Ranskill & Sutton (East Bassetlaw)
Please be aware that between Friday 21st of February 2014 and Monday 24th of February 2014 there was a Garage broken into on Town Street, Sutton-cum-Lound.
TANAKA HEDGE CUTTER WHICH IS PETROL, HUSQUNMA STRIMMER AND BUSH TRIMMER, PETROL HONDA ENGINED LAWN MOWER, ALSO THINKS SOME TOOLS HAVE BEEN STOLEN.
If you have any information about this incident please contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101 and quote incident number 000082-17022014
In light if this incident we would like to offer the following crime prevention advice:
- Ensure you lock your doors and windows even when you are in.
- Fit good quality locks to your exterior doors.
- If you have an intruder alarm make sure you set it when you go out and when you go to bed.
- Leave a light on when it’s dark, make use of timer switches and consider leaving a radio on or investing in a fake TV device.
- Register your property for free on the national property database www.immobilise.com Immobilise helps Police to reunite stolen items with their rightful owners in the event of them being recovered.
- Protectively mark your valuable property with your name and postcode preferably using a visible property marking kit such as Cremark or SelectaMARK and don’t leave valuables such as laptops on view.
- Take your keys to bed with you; don’t leave them in door locks or window locks, or in view of windows and doors.
- Confirm the identity of anyone who calls at your home who you don’t know. Beware of bogus officials. Not sure? Don’t open the door.
For additional home security advice please refer to our Securing your home guide. Further crime prevention guides can be found on our website http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/crime-prevention-guides