4x Burglary dwelling incidents in Ranskill, please ensure your home is secure.
This is a message sent via Neighbourhood Alert. This information has been sent on behalf of Nottinghamshire Police.
Message sent by: Aaron Stocks (Police, PCSO 4778, Ranskill & Sutton (East Bassetlaw)
Please be aware that on Tuesday 1st of July 2014 between 03:00hours and 05:30 hours there were three burglaries in Ranskill, Retford. The streets targeted were Southfall Close, Ravenshill Close and Oaks Close where the offender climbed through an open ground floor window and stole a Samsung television from the living room.
Also on 30th of June a property on Southfall Close was broken into through the night and a car stolen with keys.
If you have any information about this incident please contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101 and quote incident numbers below.
- Oaks Close inc 000252-01072014
- Ravenshill Close inc 000216-01072014
- Southfall Close inc 000068-01072014
- Southfall Close ( 30th June ) inc 000089-30062014
In light if this incident we would like to offer the following crime prevention advice:
- Ensure you lock your doors and windows even when you are in.
- Fit good quality locks to your exterior doors.
- If you have an intruder alarm make sure you set it when you go out and when you go to bed.
- Leave a light on when it’s dark, make use of timer switches and consider leaving a radio on or investing in a fake TV device.
- Register your property for free on the national property database www.immobilise.com Immobilise helps Police to reunite stolen items with their rightful owners in the event of them being recovered.
- Protectively mark your valuable property with your name and postcode preferably using a visible property marking kit such as Cremark or SelectaMARK and don’t leave valuables such as laptops on view.
- Take your keys to bed with you; don’t leave them in door locks or window locks, or in view of windows and doors.
- Confirm the identity of anyone who calls at your home who you don’t know. Beware of bogus officials. Not sure? Don’t open the door.
For additional home security advice please refer to our Securing your home guide. Further crime prevention guides can be found on our website http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/crime-prevention-guides
If you would like any further help or advice please call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or visit our website: www.nottinghamshire.police.uk
If you have information about any crime or see anyone acting suspiciously in your area please call Nottinghamshire Police on 101.