Theft from vehicle in Ranskill , ensure your vehicle is secure
This is a message sent via Neighbourhood Alert. This information has been sent on behalf of Nottinghamshire Police
Message sent by
Aaron Stocks (Police, PCSO 4778, Ranskill & Sutton (East Bassetlaw)
Please be aware that between 10pm on Sunday 19th of January 2014 and 08:30am on Monday 20th Janaury 2014 there was there was a theft from a vehicle on Arundel Drive , Ranskill. The offender made entry via possibly a unlocked door and stole a satnav, IPod and Cash that was left on the in the vehicle.
TOM TOM SATNAV, IPOD TOUCH AND £50 CASH WAS STOLEN.
If you have any information about this incident please contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101 and quote incident number 000128-21012014
In light if this incident we would like to offer the following crime prevention advice:
- Ensure your vehicle is locked and secure.
- Don’t leave valuables on show in your vehicle. That old coat on the back seat may be worthless, but a thief won’t know that or that the pockets are empty.
- Don’t leave your wallet or mobile phone in your car even if you’re just nipping somewhere for a few minutes. It only takes a thief seconds!
- Park your car in your garage or on your driveway if possible and try to park your vehicle in a well lit area.
- Don’t leave your keys in your vehicle when you are not in it.
- Activate your alarm and immobiliser if you have one.
- Make use of security devices such as steering locks and other devices.
For additional home security advice please refer to our Securing your vehicle guide. Further crime prevention guides can be found on our website http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/crime-prevention-guides
If you would like any further help or advice please call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or visit our website: www.nottinghamshire.police.uk