Skip to section:
What is it?
A Neighbourhood Plan is a document that works to deliver the scale and type of development that local people wish to see in their area.
Once adopted, it sits alongside the Local Authority’s Local Plan and will be used to help determine planning applications that are submitted for the area covered by the Neighbourhood Plan.
Who does it?
A Steering Group made up of local residents who oversee and lead the production of the Plan.
A Steering Group is open to all members of the local community and consists of a mix of Parish Councillors and local residents.
What can it do?
A Neighbourhood Plan can be used to deliver development that the local community wish to see. It can allocate sites or list criteria that all new developments must meet, such as the design, location and type of development.
Neighbourhood Plan Final Version
The final version of the Sutton cum Lound Neighbourhood Plan was released in February 2018.
Neighbourhood Plan Documentation
The Parish Council agreed to support a group of residents who were interested in producing a Neighbourhood Plan for the village at an Extraordinary Meeting on the 22nd January 2015 (PDF).
The application for the Neighbourhood Plan was submitted in February 2015:
Documents which formed part of the process:
- Bassetlaw District Council Site Allocation – 2013 (JPG)
- Site Allocation Assessment Criteria (PDF)
- Identified Sutton Sites (JPG)
- Site Assessments (PDF)
- Public Consulation (PDF)
- Consultation – November (PDF)
The Sutton cum Lound Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents were submitted to Bassetlaw District Council for inspection on the 20th June 2017:
- Sutton cum Lound Neighbourhood Plan (PDF)
- Basic Conditions Statement (PDF)
- Consultation Statement (PDF)
Bassetlaw District Council responded to the submitted plan on the 14th December 2017:
- Bassetlaw District Council Sutton Neighbourhood Plan Report (PDF)
- Bassetlaw District Council Sutton Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement (PDF)
- Independent Examiners Report (PDF)
The final version of the Sutton cum Lound Neighbourhood Plan was released in February 2018:
A Referendum on the Sutton cum Lound Neighbouhood Plan was held on the 15th February 2018: