- The parish was in the Clarborough sub-district of the East Retford Registration District.
- Civil Registration began in July, 1837.
Politics and Government
- This place was an ancient parish in Nottingham county and it became a modern Civil Parish when those were established.
- The parish was in the the Hatfield division of the ancient Bassetlaw Wapentake (Hundred) in the northern division of the county.
- The Civil Parish was abolished in 1866 and split into two Civil Parishes of Lound and Sutton.
In addition to the Anglican Church of St Bartholomew:
- The Independents had a chapel in Sutton township built in 1816.
- The Wesleyan Methodists had a chapel in Lound township built in 1834.
- The Primitive Methodists had a chapel by 1881.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.
- The Common Land was enclosed here in 1777.
- After the Poor Law Amendment Act reforms of 1834, this parish became a part of the East Retford Poor Law Union.
The Parish School (later a National School) was built between the two townships in 1783.
Sitting adjacent to the parish church of St Bartholomew, Sutton Manor is built in the arts and craft style and is believed to have been built circa 1892 replacing the Dutch-gabled Elizabethan mansion which burnt down in 1890. It is likely that the out-buildings pre-date the house that currently exists.
Sutton Manor was built by local workers for the last Duke of Portland’s father as a hunting lodge for his travels from the Welbeck to the Worksop estates.