Shed Break-in incident on Lound Low Road, Sutton-Cum-Lound, please ensure your home is secure.
This is a message sent via Neighbourhood Alert. This information has been sent on behalf of Nottinghamshire Police
Message sent by:
Aaron Stocks (Police, PCSO 4778, Ranskill & Sutton (East Bassetlaw)
Please be aware that on Sunday 23rd of February 2014 there was a shed broken into on Lound Low Road, Sutton-cum-Lound. The offender snapped off a padlock off of the shed door.
A set of snap on spanners ranging from 10mm-19mm stolen and possibly more tools.
If you have any information about this incident please contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101 and quote incident number 000224-23022014.
In light if this incident we would like to offer the following crime prevention advice:
- Ensure you lock your doors and windows even when you are in.
- Fit good quality locks to your exterior doors.
- If you have an intruder alarm make sure you set it when you go out and when you go to bed.
- Leave a light on when it’s dark, make use of timer switches and consider leaving a radio on or investing in a fake TV device.
- Register your property for free on the national property database www.immobilise.com Immobilise helps Police to reunite stolen items with their rightful owners in the event of them being recovered.
- Protectively mark your valuable property with your name and postcode preferably using a visible property marking kit such as Cremark or SelectaMARK and don’t leave valuables such as laptops on view.
- Take your keys to bed with you; don’t leave them in door locks or window locks, or in view of windows and doors.
- Confirm the identity of anyone who calls at your home who you don’t know. Beware of bogus officials. Not sure? Don’t open the door.
For additional home security advice please refer to our Securing your home guide. Further crime prevention guides can be found on our website http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/crime-prevention-guides