As the country ramps up its response to the Coronavirus epidemic spreading throughout the world, here are some useful things to keep you informed, and hopefully safe.
Started a few days ago by a woman in Cornwall, these cards are now circulating widely, not just in the UK, but also across the world.
Sutton Parish Council is supporting this by sending out their own cards to the residents of the village. Some of you may have seen one of these already, but every household should receive (at least) one in due course. You can see what they look like here. They should have a name associated with them, which you can check against the current Parish Council members here. If in doubt, please contact the Clerk to the Parish Council to verify them.
If you do have any of the following symptons please follow the current NHS advice.
- Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
- Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
To protect yourself and others, do not go to a GP, pharmacy or hospital.
Please keep an eye on the current Government advice. This will change regularly, so it’s worth checking back to see what is being recommended, togther with any restrictions that may have come into effect.
This site contains guidance on a number of things, such as:
- Social Distancing
- Staying at Home
- Travel Advice
- NHS Advice
As well as the latest updates and publications.
World Health Organisation Advice
You can stay abreast of what is happening on a global basis by visiting the World Health Organisation site here.
Send Us a Message
If at any time you feel that you or someone you know may need help, or simply to pass on any information to us, you may contact the Clerk to the Parish Council, or any of the Parish Council using the details here. The Parish Council will be happy to help in any way it can.
Get these updates directly to your inbox
Remember, if you have any event or item of interest for the village, just send it to email@example.com and our resident website manager will do his best to accomodate you.
All our updates are also published to the village Twitter feed, @SuttonCumLound. So, follow us there for these and other items in and around our area.