Number of councillors to be elected: 1
1. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2AH on any day after the date of this notice, on Monday to Friday 10.00 am to 4.00 pm (excluding bank holidays) but no later than 4 pm on Friday, 28th October 2022.
2. Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer, Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street,
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 24th November 2022 between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Tuesday, 8th November 2022. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2AH by 5 pm on Wednesday, 9th November 2022.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Queens Building’s, Potter Street, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2AH by 5 pm on Wednesday, 16th November 2022.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Queens Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2AH by 5 pm on Thursday, 24th November 2022. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Wednesday, 16th November 2022. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Wednesday, 16th November 2022.
Dated: Thursday 20 October 2022
Want something publicising?
Don’t forget, if you have any event or item of interest for the village, just email it to email@example.com and our resident website monitor will do his best to accommodate you. All posts go out to our increasing list of email update subscribers as soon as they’re published.
We also have the Sutton Spotlight, which goes out to every house in the village on a quarterly (ish) basis. Space is sometimes limited, so try to get your entry in early.
We’re also lucky to have a village Journalist who collates news and updates for the Retford Times on a weekly basis. Get your copy in on Monday morning for the Thursday issue.
All our website updates are also sent down the village Twitter feed, @SuttonCumLound. So, follow us there for these and other items in and around our area.
The Parish Council has a Facebook presence for all things of a council nature. Contact the Clerk if you want anything on this feed.